Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Epiphany

So I know that everyone always leaves their classes pondering the question, When am I ever going to use this?

Well, I have learned that what we are learning about memory and memory palaces in oral traditions really can be applied to not only the real world, but also other classes to allow for success.

While memorizing my lines for "The Winter's Tale" by William Shakespeare, I found it much easier to learn them not when we were all sitting around a table stoically reciting the same thing over and over. Instead, with the help of gestures and movements and places visited during the scene, I found it much easier to retain the required information. For that reason, I wanted to extend a big thank you out to you Professor Sexson for teaching me the ways of the memory palace.

No comments:

Post a Comment